Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Once in a Lifetime illness


Both Qian Yi and me are down with chicken pox since last week. We started off with fever and discomfort till I found the 1st few spots surface our body on Monday morning. Without further delay, we quickly send Qian Thung back to mother in law house + bring her for the chicken pox vaccination on the same day we diagnosed with the pox.
For me, it's just a contagious disease but it's not a laughing matter to the elderly, especially my mum. She has imposed several Do and Don't list for the 2 of us. I felt like as if I am observing another round of confinement.

In short, minus out all the body reddess and itchiness causing by these countless of chickenpox blisters, we are rather happy to quarantine ourself at our own nest for this 2 weeks.

Activities that occupied QY's time is none other than by the dear box - TV. I lifted my usual rigid rules by allowing her to watch endless tv program all day long. Whereas for myself, just managed to catch up with some reading and net-surfing from day 5 onwards.
Besides, my cooking skill also improve to another level through multiples cooking session of lunch and dinner for 2 of us. I have never ever cook for more than 2 days consecutive in the past, but this round I cook for a consecutive of almost 2 weeks.
Last good new is I managed to shed off some stubborn fat from the body, brought forward from the 2nd pregnancy end of 2008. Qian Yi too has lost some of the baby fat. She looks quite petite now, will post up her latest photos later.
Another suffering besides the painful blisters is we are just missing our little companion so much ... but glad to know that she is under good hand of both grand parent.

No comments: