Saturday, November 01, 2008

My 2 Months Maternity

I felt like just carrying the 'ball' with me not long ago, but in reality my baby is 2 months old now and that also indicate that my 2 months maternity leave is going to end soon. Time really flies FAST.

Looking back the 2 months time, my life was like divided into 3 phases and as such, I would like to jot down every bits and pieces of it :-

Phase 1 : Week 1 - week 4
Gave birth to my 2nd beautiful princess on 2 Sept and we only having hospital stay for less than 3 full days. I admitted at 6pm on 2 Sept and baby popped out at 9pm. This has been counted as 1 day. Baby and I discharged on 4 Sept noon after lunch. I really thank god that it was a very smooth delivery and I never ever thought I could make it without epidural but I finally make it.

Back home, I was like having and experiencing a PIG lifestyle. Eat, sleep, eat, sleep every now and then.









And of course, operate my 'milk factory' as this time, I've decided and determined to breastfeed my little cutie. Though I m not able to 100% breastfeed her, I am still very happy and satisfied to be able to produce almost 50- 60% breastmilk to her daily consumption. Thanks to all the awareness and encouragement given by my dearest mommy friend. U know who u are....

I know some of the mother do not like or hate the confinement life but for me, I enjoy being confined at home for 30 days. That is the only time I get to stay at home 24 hours * 7 days a week for 4 consecutive weeks in my own nest, and eat and sleep a lot without having any sense of guilt. LIFE IS GOOD.

Phase 2 : Week 5 - week 6




















After my confinement lady left at beginning of Oct, my role turn into a stay at home mother. Daily duty are taking care of baby, prepare lunch and dinner, clean the house, and doing most of the household chores by myself. Life is really busy as a housewife, waking up at 7am and getting busy and busy all day long as got to compete with time to get the job done. Life is busy round the clock.

Again, so happy to be able to experience a full time mother's life for 2 weeks. Somehow, deep inside my heart, I know this is not my dream lifestyle in long run. Anyhow, LIFE IS GREAT at this stage.

Phase 3 : Week 7 - week 8
From week 7 onwards, I 'deposit' my baby at MIL's place day and night. Every morning after sending QY to school, I proceeded to MIL's place to send over my fresh breastmilk for QT, then follow by attending the daily morning meeting at the insurance agency office. 2nd half of the day is depending on my own schedule and timetable - some days lunch with colleague, friends or customers and sometimes, back to in laws place for lunch. Activities and appointments started again after lunch like meeting people, hair cut, facial appointment and etc.

I am so happy to be able to enjoy this phase of life as a Flexi hour working mother. Love it. LIFE IS INDEED WONDERFUL.

Now, 2 months free time is going to over, and I shall resume back to my normal working life next week. Terms that filled and occupied my 9am - 6pm life will be revenue, margin, profit, sales, P&L, forecasting, actual and etc. Ohh.... no but this is so called a dry Work Life.

No comments: