Friday, June 29, 2007

Saving Virtue

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

I started to instill the saving concept on QY's little mind since few months back. I would think it's parent responsibility to teach our child how to handle money and saving seems to be a habit worth developing when young.

Every night after going back to our own house, I will give her some coins for her to save. Now, she will automatically run to save it into the piggy bank whenever I give her the money. I even explain to her that after the money is full, she can use this saving money to buy books, toys, chocolate and even can go to Genting Highland. (To her, Genting Highland is a place of heaven where she can enjoy all sort of car ride and have fun). Let her make choices on purchase she can make.

Hopefully she will learn and realised the importance of having a saving habit and appreciate money when she is getting older. I guess once she is a saver since young, she will always be a saver for a lifetime.

As the saying goes ~It's not how much you earn, it's how much you can save.

1 comment:

Chinneeq said...

Hi Lee Lien,
just send u a *love* link at
http://www.demoments.net/blog/?p=470